Thursday, November 11, 2010

Box of Yum...

I love the days that I get my CSA (Community Sponsered Agriculture).  It's a little like Christmas morning to me, even though I know exactly what fruit and veggies I'm getting.  So it's exactly like the year my sister Michelle was about 11 and I was 7, and we unwrapped all our gifts a week before Christmas when our parents were out and then re-wrapped them.  Not much of a surprise Christmas morning, but still fun to have new stuff to play with.

This week I'll be playing with arugula, artichokes, butternut squash, onions, potatoes, carrots, romaine, apples, oranges and pears...
I'm thinking Butternut Squash and Apple Soup, Stuffed Artichokes, Maple Glazed Carrots, and Fig and Arugula Pizza (with goat cheese, of course).  Sounds like a good week, so come back and check out the culinary mischief...

For starters, here's what happened to the  juicy oranges and peppery arugula from the Box of Yum:
Smoky Tilapia in Citrus Sauce
Serves 4

1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 teaspoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon tamari
1 tablespoon mirin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon coconut oil
4 tilapia fillets
4 cups arugula (baby spinach works great, too)
¼ cup sliced almonds
¼ cup dried cranberries

In a small bowl combine the juices, agave, oil, tamari and mirin.  Set aside.  In another small bowl mix paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.  Rub mixture over tilapia fillets.  Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add tilapia and cook 3 minutes.  Turn each fillet, add citrus sauce and continue cooking 3-4 minutes until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.  Mix arugula, almonds and cranberries together and divide among four plates.  Top with tilapia fillet and sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment