Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The 80/20 Rule Put to the Test!

I had the BEST time last night!  My 80/20 rule possibly turned into a 50/50 rule, but it was just one night, so what the heck!  I went to my first Monday Night Football game.....
...and this was no ordinary "going to the game."  First of all, a limo picked me up (and took me home; that would stink if a limo just picked you up and then left you wearing Dallas Cowboy's blue in the middle of Raider Nation!), with fruit, cheese, baguettes, champagne and wine waiting inside.  Then at the coliseum, we walked into our luxury box with the best view and more food than I have ever seen (or eaten!).

Our generous and lovely host knew that there were two "natural chefs" in the house, so there was a careful balance of healthy and not-so-healthy options.  First, let's look at the menu for the evening, and then we'll play a little game of "What Did Suzanne Eat?"  I'll let you in on a little secret....when I'm a bad girl, I'm a very bad girl.

That's a whole lotta' food!

So let's see how the night went down and figure out what I ate
 (tip: more like what I DIDN'T eat!)

When we entered the room it was set up with "snacks"...
This is a chilled chicken teriyaki with wonton cups and slaw, Mediterranean sampler,  chips and salsa and guac, and a Caesar salad.  What's your guess?  What did I eat? Well, if you guessed the salad and the Mediterranean fruit, nuts and cheese, you'd be wrong (ok, maybe some cheese!).  But chips and salsa were in!

Then  there was the "hot bar"....


Hot dogs!  When you first step foot into the stadium, all you can smell is hot dogs.  And it's just like popcorn; when you smell it, you must have it.  Even though I think it's probably the most disgusting thing "created" from who-knows-what , did I have one??  We are given the choice of beef or veggie hot dogs...I want a real one, but where the heck is the catering guy to tell me which is which?  I chose wrongly.  Sooooo, I had to go back and have a "real" one.  And so it continues. (Truth, I only had half of one the second time, just sayin'.)

Next to the hot dogs are....please help me....SLIDERS!


I haven't had red meat in I don't even KNOW how long, but come on!  They're sliders!!  So cute; how can you say" no."  Now my "certified natural chef" friend, Jennifer, and I just looked at them, then each other and by mental telepathy said , "Can we eat these in front of everyone?  Will it ruin our Natural Chef cred?"  Luckily, about this time we were invited to come down to the field.  With our whole suite down there I began to worry that I had left my purse and my laptop in the suite (don't ask, I thought I might have time to do some work), so I said to Jennifer "maybe we should head back up." And she mischievously laughed and said, "Yeah, let's get back up there and eat some hot dogs and sliders before anyone notices!"  So we did.....

I know, not my best look!  Then we got busted and, bummer, had to pose for another picture eating yet another one....oh, come on they're tiny!


Ooooh, that one made me do the leg kick, like in the movies when the girl gets a really hot kiss!  Yep, it was almost that good (but not quite).

For us "healthy eaters" we were also offered grilled portobello sandwiches.  Did I eat one?  Hmmmm, really wanted to, but I was all full-up with hot dogs and sliders. I managed, however. to put a few cornichons in my head (I'm half French, so I had to)...


Are we done yet?  Nooooooo.... now it's half time (yes, just half time), and there's pizza!  Four different kinds of pizza, all gluten free.  And I was amazed at how good that dough was, nice and crispy (bet they put gluten in it!).  So as full as I was, I had to have a slice.  This wasn't it though... no peperoni on mine, just a classic tomato basil.....


So by now I think I've gained back all the weight I lost in that last couple months, AND I think I might explode, and here comes catering guy again with dessert!  First it's just cookies.  That's innocent enough.

... that should be enough, right?  (Yes, I ate a quarter of the white chocolate macadamia nut cookie.)

Then that evil catering guy came back with more trays....
Chocolate fondue with all kinds of dippers: fruit, cookies, pretzels, cream puffs, marshmallows, angel food cake, scones....oh, I'm sure there was more, but isn't that enough???  Did I have the fruit?? Nope.  Cream puffs, my friend.  Is the game over yet?  I'm afraid of what's going to come in the door next!

Oh yeah, this was sitting on the buffet, replenished all night; a beautiful fresh fruit platter,  Did I eat any?...


I think I ate one strawberry!

OK, so it wasn't my most healthy day.  Heck, it wasn't anywhere NEAR a healthy day.  But I had a ball!!  Oh sure, I felt terrible later that night; my body had no idea what assault had just been forced onto it, and I ate nothing but veggies today, but that's the beauty of it.....be bad, have fun, and then get back to your life.  Don't beat yourself up; it was one day.  And it was a great one!!

Am I wrong???


Yum it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment